Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help Shift4Shop merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on Shift4Shop. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, Shift4Shop has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

1. MULTI LANGUAGE WEBSITE!!!

In this day and age, we should be able to offer our website in several languages. Why is there no app nor option for that. I hope this new acquisition will bring much needed change.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Open for Voting  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. shift4payment

Shift4Payments Customer facing - Show reason for error.

Customer enters address incorrectly - gets message only stating cannot process - no explanation.

Front end SHOULD provide helpful feedback to customer.

Otherwise - customer "assumes" it is us and abandones cart sue to lack of TRUST

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Credit card decline code/reasons for customer so they can retry instead of call

The error message when a card fails is generic, can't be processed try again later or contact us which is silly since the processing throws a code back side and can be presented to the customer like "Address Mismatch: Please use the correct billing address for this card" or "Security Code Mismatch: Please check your card's security code and try again" or "Amount Declined: Your credit card provider, not us, has declined this amount. Please contact your credit card provider"
    This is ALL pretty standard everywhere else and is something that should have been in here long ago.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Invoice Payments Page Module - Auto Populate with Invoice Details and record

It would also be helpful to be able to create an invoice payment page where it linked to a specific invoice. Right now, you can only bring customer details in.

Once the order is paid from by the customer, have it mark the order paid

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Product Designer ( Customizer ) Print ready output

The output of customization by product designer module is a single layer design attached to the order. This single layer image includes the Base image of the product. if the output did not include the base layer or if the output was a layered image with the base as one layer the design another then the file would be more print ready.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Include SSL Certificate on all Shops!

All other webhosting sites include SSL Certificate for free.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. partial payments

We have situations where customers start with a partial deposit and then pay the balance when the product is ready. I want to be able to save an order as a "Quote" and have it sent directly to the customer so they can log in and pay the balance due. The current problem is that it will only allow them to pay the full amount of even though they have already paid a deposit. The data is clearly in the invoice because when I log in to their order I can see a payment of and a balance due. Can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Scheduled Inventory Restocks

Allow users to schedule when inventory will be live, i.e. "Product X" will automatically restock at 5PM EST. Inventory will be updated and "In Stock Notification" emails will go out at the schedule time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Everyone looking for money

If i select any one customer from 100 customer who buy gprcery online in chennai

Customer who buy above 100
    I will reward 1000 which means 10X it may good promotion

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Block traffic from certain countries/regions

we do not want users in certain countries/regions to consume the bandwidth so we need to have the ability to block users in certain countries/regions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better Promotions App - Create Or Integrate With One (preferably free)

Sorry but the promotions manager sucks. It's confusing, complicated and overwhelming. We need to be able to have as many or as little active promos at a time as we want without them interfering with each other and be able to create and navigate them with ease.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. shift4shop IOSS customs number for VAT Packages outside USA

Shops that ship to countries outside the USA need a shift4shop universal IOSS number for VAT TAX on goods leaving the USA. Like Etsy offers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ship Settings

In the shipping settings, you have "US/AL" and "US/ALL" It is pretty confusing when trying to navigate the hundreds of settings one needs to review. Please change it to "US/EVERY" or "US ALL STATES". This cost me several days of wasted trouble shooting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Minimum or maximum amount for shipping method

Allow a minimum or maximum order amount for shipping methods. Example, orders over a specified dollar amount does not show 1st class mail option. Or an order under a certain dollar amount does not show UPS Next Day Air. Sometimes I do not want to ship an order by 1st class mail even if the weight is low enough, but the dollar amount is higher. Or ship a $20 order for $90 in UPS Next Day Air shipping.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show customer action with Address Validator

Address Validator - Currently, there is no definitive way to know if a customer used an address they entered, a suggested address or if the address passed validation. This would be nice to know for mis-delivered and undeliverable packages for many reasons. Also, don't forget to vote for "UPS / FedEx address verification" if you don't use USPS exclusively.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Update the ebay module

I get a variety of errors using this module, Thankfully enough it still list my item but it's obviously a key component I use here on Shift4Shop is being ignored.

I appreciate the fact this website tells me I have units on eBay from my inventory, but when the item is decided by color I have no reference which item and or option is listed I only know the gross count.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be VERY good to be able to narrow the checkout questions to location of the shipping or billing region (State/Province or Country)

It would be VERY good to be able to narrow the checkout questions to location of the shipping or billing region (State/Province or Country) as there are sometimes VERY specific questions that must be answered for certain geographic regions, such as Tax implications, or import requirements.

For example, because the billing information may be different from the shipping destination, taxes may be reflected based on the shipping destination, and we need to ask that they understand these implications related to taxes or import taxes and requirements. Or that they agree that they are responsible for import duties and taxes for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. CRM request email should include email address

I receive CRM requests in my email it would save alot of time if the email address was included so I don't have to open the admin page in order for me to reply to the customer

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Product Sorting Drag and Drop.

In addition to sorting items by entering a sorting number. If your category page has "Order by" as a default sorting. It should be easier to just drag and drop instead of entering the sorting number.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix tax manager to have search ability

Fix tax manager to have search ability and show paging system of taxes when thousands of zip codes have been imported.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base