Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help Shift4Shop merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on Shift4Shop. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, Shift4Shop has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

1. Simply Sales, Banners, set up/dismantling

We need a one page set up for sales and banners, without going to various categories/pages to do the same thing over and over....One page with places to check where we want the banner/sale info. to show up....and One page to dismantle the sale/banner postings.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Aggregate all JavaScript and CSS files

All JavaScript files should be aggregated into a single file before being served, same with CSS. I believe they will be gzip'ed automatically, so space characters aren't a huge issue, but it would still be preferable to "minify" both the JavaScript and CSS before serving them as well.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would love to be able to link a CRM to an existing order. Also want to be able to open/add notes to CRM without it contacting the customer

I wish there was a way to link an order to an existing CRM. I also wish there was a way to open a CRM for a customer or add notes to a CRM without the customer getting emailed each time.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. You made a super easy to use admin panel

Feedback on the new admin panel

you guys made a super easy to use intuitive admin panel look fancier, but much less easy to use with the latest update.

I used to be able to see today's sales, last Month's sales, overall year's sales, last years sales on the admin panel without having to change anything. Now I see statistics for last 30 days, but I'd rather see last month vs this month. Now to see the statistics I want I have to change the paramters 4-5 times to get each of those numbers. Its cool to see the stats…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. checkout question

THE CHECKOUT QUESTION DROPDOWN/RADIO FEATURE IS FLAWED ....

The checkout questions are pre-determined which means they are pre-selected. This renders the questions useless since the customer doesn't really have to answer the question YET it will show as if they selected the first option.

PLEASE FIX. This issue has been brought up before and declined by other people.

Example of issue:

"How did you find our site?"

Options: Google, Referral, Etc.

Here is the problem. IF NO ONE EVER ANSWERS THE QUESTION IT WILL REGISTER AS IF EVERYONE FOUND THE SITE VIA "GOOGLE" WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT BE TRUE.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Better Options Interface

It would be very helpful for products with multiple options (scent, size, etc.) to display drop-down menus and other option selectors when adding the product to the cart. In an ideal world, our store staff would be able to add a product to the POS cart using the regular (not advanced) options that are visible on website product pages, using the same input method that is used on the website product page.

The current options interface is unusable to us because the name of the advanced option is so truncated when adding a product to the cart. It's inconvenient that…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Give us filtering capabilities on marketing datafeeds so we can remove out of stock or non profitable items from data feeds

Give us filtering capabilities on marketing datafeeds so we can remove out of stock or non profitable items from data feeds. The datafeed option needs a lot of work. We have lots of out of stock or non profitable items that we don't want to submit to certain channels but do want them on other channels. We don't want to hide these items in our store just to prevent them from showing up on data feeds. GoDataFeed is severely overpriced in my opinion, wanting around $200 a month to get lots of feeds and reports. Also, other shopping carts offer…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. lowest shipping method default

I would like the lowest shipping rate to be selected for customers by default. The way the site works now, it shows UPS rates first, but if a customer has a really light weight item, the UPS rates scare them away from buying. Likewise, if customers with really heavyweight items were to see the Postal rates first, there would be problems.

Several of my customers and one employee helping a customer have complained that they didn't even see the Postal shipping options on the site.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Existing CRM Requests to be Linked to a New or Existing Customer Record.

Because our store is setup to allow requests as a guest, we often get new customers asking questions via the CRM, only then to have it turn into a New Customer transaction. At other times, they are simply not logged in when posting the question, and then the CRM ticket gets orphaned in the process.

There should be a way to manually link the CRM ticket to a customer account after the CRM request is posted into the system - and at any time after the fact. Once a Customer Record is created or discovered, the SysAdmin could go back…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. add <meta name="robots" content="noindex,follow"/> to all "recommend a friend" asp pages

add <meta name="robots" content="noindex,follow"/> to all "recommend a friend" asp pages. Why? because these are low quality duplicate pages and google applies a panda penalty to the whole site. All of your customers will benefit with better rankings once you do it. Help us make more sales and pay your hosting fees. Also using Disallow in robots.txt for RequestAFriend.asp pages is not enough!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sitemap allow Google image indexing

When asking Aaron H about google images indexing, he said 3dCart sitemap does not have this feature essentially, but I could make my on sitemap. if I pay for a service, I would expect it to have the basics. maybe this is a feature that was overlooked in the development of 3dCart. Please make it so that all my 3dCart images are included in the sitemap for Google indexing purposes.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add "Continue Shopping Action" = LAST CATEGORY PAGE VISITED

Please add a "Continue Shopping Action" option to go to the LAST CATEGORY PAGE VISITED

Put yourself in the shoes of the user and imagine what this is iike:

1. You are on page 6 of an 8 page category right before adding an item to the cart. 

2. You add the item to cart and are taken to the View Cart Screen

3. From View Cart, you click the "Continue Shopping" button, and land on the first page of the 8 page category instead of page 6 where you were.

4. Now you have to scroll through five pages
    40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add FedEx One Rate to Shipping Methods

FedEx One Rate is a tremendous value for online retailers, lots of companies that we know are moving to it. The rates are low and include free packaging. It's the number one method we want to use for shipping, yet it's not in your system.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Non-Stackable Error Message Needed

When coupons are set to be non-stackable and someone tries to enter more than one, I think a error message should pop up stating that only one coupon is allowed per order. Right now people keep trying and then complain that the system doesn't work.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Feature to Allow BOGO Half Off Multiple Products or Entire Store in Promo Manager

Right now you can only do BOGO half off with 1 item in store at a time or you can do 50% off entire cart.
    Competitors allow BOGO Half off where you purchase 1 regular priced item and receive 50% Promo on 2nd item of equal or lessor value.
    This is a very popular Retail Promo. Would love to be able to do this in my 3dcart store.
    Thank you,
    Lori

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support Rich Pins on Pinterest

Right now 3dcart generates Open Graph meta tags. The one for price (og:price) includes the currency sign as in "$99.95"

Pinterest Rich Pin validator requires that the price be without the currency symbol as in "99.95"

The addition of a meta tag as follows would allow us to use Rich Pins out of the box. In fact, I still can't get a workaround going because 3dcart tech support won't help me with it.

Needed :

<meta property="og:price:amount" content="99.95">

where the 99.95 comes from the [price] variable (stripped of the currency sign).

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Amazon listing, not FBA, exporting items to Amazon sellers account

I see 3dcart has the fulfillment by Amazon option (FBA) but how about an option to just list my inventory on Amazon? When it sells I can ship it from my warehouse. I have about 12K products and don't want to send them all to Amazon to have them fulfill the orders.
    I am currently selling on Amazon but listing the items individually and keeping up with the stock quantities is cumbersome.

Volusion already has this option "Seamlessly sell on Amazon, the world's largest online retailer, and get your products in front of millions of Amazon shoppers right from your…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have the RMA module authorize a refund through the payment gateway

As noted in the RMA tutorial documentation:
    Important: Any refunds will need to be done manually through your payment gateway/merchant account. 3dcart's RMA process only documents the return for tracking purposes but does not tie into the payment gateway in any way.

You should code in the OPTION to have the RMA module access the payment gateway and issue the refund. Like when you close the RMA, a popup message says "would you like to refund the customer's payment?" and it should probably allow you to enter the amount to be refunded so you can deduct any restocking fees, etc.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sort CRM's by "Last Action Date" not just "Opened Date" to better organize the CRM list.

The Ticket / CRM list should be sorted by the date of last action (reply) not by when the ticket was opened. It makes it more disorganized and you can have old tickets with new replies not on the first page.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Promotions to be announced automatically over Twitter/Facebook/Other social outletts

When a promotion is started have it announced automatically to a Twitter account/Facebook page and other Social outlets. This will announce to our customer base that a promotion is happening and when it ends. If we could also have a "ending soon" notification that goes out in the final hour/hours (Configurable) that would be extremely helpful. Its a "set it and forget it" campaign manger for a promotion. Set it up to start, notify and end while not having to manually do that on the store. Super useful.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base