Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help Shift4Shop merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on Shift4Shop. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, Shift4Shop has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

1. Include Download Now button for e-products on checkout confirmation page (Thank you page)

Please add a Download Now button to have instant access to e-products instead of customers waiting to receive an email and have to go find the email. This is a very common thing for the majority of other website software.
    Thank you!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include Fedex LTL Freight as a shipping method for FEDEX Realtime Quotes

We ship many SKU via pallet shipments. We need to ship via Fedex LTL Freight for heavy shipments. Fedex provides realtime quotes for freight shipments but 3DCart doesn't allow for the shipping method. This causes a big problem providing shipping quotes to customers. Please add Fedex LTL Freight to the Fedex shipping options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Select category(s) for manufacturer

Allows a specific manufacturer to be associated with selected categories so that a manufacturer specific to only a certain one, does not show up in all categories.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add Sendle for shipping

Adding Sendle shipping method or at least supporting their API key would be very helpful since it is a great shipping option for both customers and merchants. It’s less expensive than USPS even carbon free and fast. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Field for Minimum Advertised Price (MAP)

Some manufacturers set a minimum advertised price (MAP). In order to stay in compliance with their pricing requirements--it would be nice to have a field to capture the MAP. If possible not allow the price or sales price values to be less than the MAP. MAP is not MSPR, so the existing retail price field won't work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Google Shopping Feeds extend to include Australia

Currently, Google shopping feeds are only supported in the US, CA and UK. Please include Australia especially as we now have to essentially set these up in order to use Facebook Commerce.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. After Saving, the Product page refreshes to the top

When working with Products and making changes to fields in a lower section of the page, when I click Save, the page saves and refreshes to the top of the page. This means that I have to scroll down or page down to get back to where I was. In particular, I am using the Product Features section which is in the lower part of the page. My request would be that the Save leaves me where I was working, or that there is a Save button in that section so that I don't have to use the one at…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Adding Products

Please add a button when adding new products that allows us to go to another blank page. So when I get done creating Item A and save it, I click a button (New Product) that will allow me to enter info for Item B. This would save a click or two rather than having to go out to the product list and create new page from there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the main product photo of each listing in a section on the Information tab, of the back-end product details page.

It would be super helpful to have a small thumbnail image of the product we are viewing, when we open up the product information tab in our admin area. It's an extra step to have to click on the images tab, or to click the preview link at the top right.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Scale BOGO Promotions.

I would the ability to scale BOGO promotions. For example if I am offering a B3G1, it would be great if I could scale it to B6G2, B9G3, etc. I sell to customers that scaling it would make it quite a bit easier and more likely for them to purchase.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Responsive Text Overlaying Images using Page Editor

Most web sites, that sells products, feature responsive text that is overlaying images. For shop owners, employing this standard feature is a matter of one or two clicks with ecommerce site builders like Shopify, Square, etc. (On Shopify, EVERY Theme features multiple responsive text over image options and some text over video options). Naturally when I began investigating using Shift4Shop for my web site I imagined Shift4Shop would also offer this standard feature in 1-2 clicks through your Page Editor.

Unable to determine how to accomplish this I reached out to tech support. After multiple IM and phone call conversations…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change order in which payment methods appear

I reluctantly offer Paypal as an additional payment method because a small percentage of customers demand it. It appears above Shift4 Credit Card payments on the checkout page and there is, per tech support, currently no way to change the sorting order of payment methods. The way my checkout page looks you would think I'm trying to steer customers toward Paypal. This can't be what Shift4 wants...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Google analytics 4

Please update your templates so that Google Analytics 4 and Google Optimize can be used on your platform

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Implement Cryptocurrency

Allow our shops to be able to accept cryptocurrency.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Shift4Shop has a major issue with their Google Shopping Feed feature on items with minimum order quantities

The shopping feed only passes the price per item to google shopping feed, but when google shopping bots crawl your site, they add the product to the cart and see the minimum quantity / case quantity and trigger a data quality issue in regard to price miss match and tax miss match (because the taxes are calculated against the wrong price)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pass order number to Shif4 payment transaction manager

We just switched credit card payment gateway to Shift4 payment. After logged in Lighthouse(shift4) Transaction Manager, found the order number (we use AB-26XXX) do not pass through in vendor reference field. Instead, that info goes to misc. note field mixing with web page http address. It created a lot of extra work due to miss critical order number in the transaction report. It is going to be extremely helpful if can map webstore order number (we use AB-26XXX) to vendor reference field in lighthouse transaction manager.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need more site builder options like shopify and 3rd party plugins

Good day to you. I noticed that I keep receiving emails from you telling me about the new updates and fixes to your site builder. While all of that is great, unfortunately the main issue that needs to happen for your site builder has not been fixed yet. And that issue is the option for more design templates or the option for non tech savvy people to do more customization so that you can match the level of shopify.

Although shopify has a limited site builder and templates just like you, what they have over you is that they have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can you offer Paypal 4 Payment installment Plan.

This is done by placing a link on your site, which would give the customer an option to pay, using Paypal 4 payment plan for the balance.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. saved carts expiration

Saved Cart currently expire after 60 days; the issue is that if one has fluctuating items / stock, when the person finishes the order, the cart does NOT compare to the current data base options (using options rules) and lets them complete. If the item is not longer available, it still lets them purchase. There should be a control by the shop owner as to how many days the carts are saved for, 10 days, 30, days, etc...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A payment system, like KLARNA or SEZZLE

I would love there to be an option within the S4S payment system that offers payments similar to Klarna or Sezzle. They are real sales boosters for the more expensive items! The end-to-end platform does not offer, but would be VERY beneficial all around. :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base