Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help Shift4Shop merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on Shift4Shop. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, Shift4Shop has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

1. Refund

Shift4 Payment should GENERATE AUTOMATED REFUND RECEIPTS every time a refund is processed in order to notify customers. This would also serve as a financial support to our shop's accountant.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. doba

Issue: Facebook/Instagram feed is not generating from my store and I'm unable to sync my products over to Facebook/instagram with the new Facebook module. This is happening because the product feed that I receive from Doba is missing the following fields: “Condition” & “Google product category”.

This feed worked fine before on the older version of the Facebook module as it seems the fields were not required. Since I upgraded to the new version, this new requirement is preventing my products from syncing to Facebook/instagram.

I have reached out to Doba to see if they can add it to the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. My Account Page - Update Info

Have the customer be FORCED to select a name to save the billing and/or shipping in their address book if their information is updated on the 'my account' page. Otherwise, why even allow the information to be edited on the 'my account' page if it won't show up when they check out?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. correctly format 5 +4 zip code

Currently if a user neglects to add a hyphen (dash) between the 5 and +4 digits of the zip code Shift4 thinks its a 9 digit zip code and does not display USPS shipping rates. The proposal is for Shift4 to do a data check and add the hyphen if it is missing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. social login

Social login -> Login with Google, Apple ID, Instagram etc.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Attach a cost when brining in inventory

I purchase from the same supplier, however the cost of goods is not always the same. Sometimes a widget cost 70¢, but if I buy 100 I can get it at 50¢. Sometimes I buy 10 sometimes I buy 100. This is a common theme I ran into when working retail. Would appreciate if your software could handle.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adding Images has some issues...

When adding new products which have multiple images to the store, there are two ways to do it, but neither are as user friendly as they could be, if I am understanding the process correctly.

Method 1) Add the images before entering the product.
    Products/Images/Add Folder/Name of New Folder/Save. Then click on the new folder, then add any additional new folders desired. Then Upload Files. (Don't upload a combination of PNG and JPG, that won't work, but it doesn't tell you why.) Once your images are uploaded, you can browse to them using the File Manager. But then you can't…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Incorporate order numbers in the Shift 4 payment reports for ease of identity

In some of the Shift4 Payment reports there is a "reference" field with nothing in it. It would make life easier if they could just place the order number in that field (especially for batches where all orders are just lumped in and one has to figure out which orders were included) Stripe has a neat, user friendly transaction report, for an example.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Inventory Stock counts and 3rd party selling sites

I sell on 3Dcart, eBay and Amazon, yet when I review the inventory page on 3Dcart there is one field: "Stock Level" with nothing under it, the next is "Stock" and it says I have zero when in fact I do, but it's all over at eBay and well there is no eBay or Amazon field. However, when I look at the item in the products page there is a provided count for eBay. Since the fields for Quantity are designed for a count of a trillion items there would be room to fit these additional inventory location if you…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add quantity box and add to cart button on product category page

It would be nice to have this option on "Setting > Display Options" to be able to add a quantity box and buy button for each item in the category. As a bonus, it would be nice to include an additional button to add many items at once. Example) let's say they are in category with many items and would like 1 of each. He can add 1 on each quantity box and at the end click the "add all" button and all the quantity boxes that have a value will add that to the cart.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Made-to-Order Inventory Control

A “Made to Order” system is when products are made after they’re purchased, usually online. The current inventory options doesn’t seem to mesh well with this system. All that will be needed is “Size Only” and “Decoration Only” inventory options. Just the separation of the two current advanced options. Hope to see this option available in the future.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to remove double opt-in e-mail

There should be an option to NOT have double opt-in to receive the newsletter. This is an extra step that is outdated and makes customers work harder than they should have to. These days, many will become frustrated with the extra step and may shop on a different site altogether--one that is keeping more current with the other shopping sites. Please provide a way for us to set our site with our choice of single or double opt-in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Broken Package Fee

It would be nice to be able to charge a "broken box fee" if a customer orders less than the minimum quantity for an item. ie: the minimum quantity is 20 pcs but the customer only wants 5 pcs, they can order just 5 pcs but will have to pay a broken box fee.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. adding new stock at a different price will automatically average new cost

When adding existing stock in the text field by entering the "+" first then the value. Example "+5"... it adds 5pcs to the existing stock. It would be nice when adding the "+" a new text field should appear for "new price?". If the current stock is 1pc and the current cost is $10 and I add 1pc at a new cost of $8 the new cost value should be $9 in the text field. It would great if that could be done also in More > Inventory Area as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Merge Duplicate Customers

Option to Merge Duplicate Customers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add AliPay to the Stripe integration

Due to the globalisation it would be very useful if you add AliPay to the Stripe integration. They are offering easy implementation (see Stripe webpage) Due to the globalisation it would be very useful if you add AliPay to the Stripe integration. They are offering easy implementation: https://stripe. com/docs/payments/alipay/accept-a-payment?platform=web

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PLease Add # of ITEMS IN STOCK TO PHONE INTERFACE

It would be most helpful for the customer if then know # of items in stock. Website just defaults to total # if they order more than in stock. No message is supplied even (order over stock etc). an article is provided to update the HTML but this only effects Computer view NOT Phone Interface, which everyone uses.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Tooltips URL Linking

Please improve support for tooltips (small "i") URL links to indexed webpages. (i.e. sampledirectory.com/sub-page#subtopic)

As of right now URLs work, but it does not automatically redirect to specific page indexes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Integrate with Mailerlite

It would be wonderful if Shift4Shop would integrate with Mailerlite.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Be able to search, filter, and export existing waiting lists by customer information

This is a critical issue for usability once you turn on the waiting list feature. The waiting lists can currently be searched/filtered by the product data, but each product waiting list contains important customer information. It would be very useful to search the waiting list screen for customer information and also export the lists of customers that are waiting for each product.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base