Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help Shift4Shop merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on Shift4Shop. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, Shift4Shop has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

1. Require the Gift Certificate Form to be Filled in

Since the gift certificate form has to be filled out in order to generate the electronic codebto be sent to the recipient, the gift certificate form (To, From, Email, etc..) should be required in order for the buyer to check out. Currently, the mobile version of the site doesn’t even show the form unless the buyer clicks “more details “. Currently, buyers can just check out without filling the form in and the gift certificate will not be sent.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include Canada Zipcodes in 3d Cart custom shipping option.

With reference to ticket # [#ABX-219-33829], I would like to include the asterisk method for the Canadian Zip Codes.

https://support.3dcart.com/knowledgebase/article/View/163/43/how-do-i-set-up-a-custom-shipping-method

The above mentioned KB article shows that the Zip Codes can be setup by providing the asterisk. But how ever the Canadian Zip codes are not being supported. I would like this to be included to Canadian Zip Codes as well as I would like to setup the Custom shipping option to Kitchener area in Ontario, Canada. This area is having 5137 zip codes and its highly impossible to enter all Zip codes for this area and the zip code…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Combining orders

I have several customers that place orders for 1 item and want us to hold the orders until they place other orders so they can reach the free shipping threshold, or they want to wait for their credit card cycle to end, or whatever reason. This creates multiple unfilled orders for the same customer.

I would love to be able to combine all their unpaid orders into 1 order.

Right now, I would manually have to do this by adding the items to 1 order and then cancelling the duplicate orders.

The other issue I face is that when said…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. api for adding promotions

The API provided for adding promotions does not allow you to insert the min and max points. The default for max is 999999 when entering promotions manually but defaults t0 zero when using the API.

This makes the API pretty useless. Can you at least make it so it use the default 999999?

I also checked the update and it does not allow you to change the max. Ended up changing 400 of them manually which is a big waste of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Autoresponder email schedules

We use autoresponders to schedule a Backorder email 7 days after the order is placed. Sometimes during that time an order gets cancelled because the customer cannot wait but the backorder email still gets sent. There should be a check to make sure the order is still in Backorders before sending the email.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Shipping Label for Canada

Im in Canada. I used to be able to hit Shipping Label at the top of an order and it would take me to my shipping label account with Canada Post. Now it seems that's been changed for US customers only. I now have to click the drop down menu and select Other Carriers. We ship a lot...Can this be changed back to streamline the process?

Thanks,
    Dan

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dark Mode

It would be great to have a DARK MODE for those long hrs looking at the screen. I love the dark modes with other apps like Facebook. It would be easier on our eyes as admins.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Export efficiency

FedEx has a standard format for import of shipping info.
    Main thing that it requires, for which there is not a workaround, is the customer name, last nane first. Not all fields have to be populated, main things are name/address/phone/email.

Having this pre-programmed would obviate the need to go into a spreadsheet program to format the data.

Every minute saved is valuable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please add Royal Mail to tracking

Please add Royal Mail to tracking to your tracking system. I have had complaints from customers that tracking does not work correctly, and it a major limitation of 3dcart. I operate in the UK, and the Royal Mail is the main provider for shipped goods in the UK, and the royal mail tracking number continues internationally.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. API does not send complete address to UPS

Your 3d cart API does NOT send the street name and number to UPS. That means when UPS returns the rates they will not include the residential fee surcharge.

Online retailers ship to all customers, majority are residential. It is not feasible that that shipping rates come back without the fee.

Companies like mine will loose too much money with every residential order.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Inventory

Add Batch Action Tool with select all option to the Inventory Screen. Currently the only way to remove a product is to manually delete them one by one. For users with high inventory counts this can get very tedious when ready to remove hundreds of products. The batch tool is already available on many other screens such as the Manage Orders screen. This should be easier to implement as it’s not a brand new option. Just need that existing option extended/added to the inventory page.. thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to move the "Earn Rewards" button on mobile

Right now, the Earn Rewards button on the iphone covers up the ability to accept cookies. It's really frustrating for people not to be able to accept the cookies. They can click to the left or right of the Earn Rewards button, but that's not intuitive and most don't think to do that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. swatch image

By default when i import from aliexpress , default option is drop image . If i change this color swatch , advanced options such as variation qty and price are getting erased.
    With drop image , variation images are very small and they dont appear as main image when variation image is not appearing as the main image. When i contacted 3d cart , they have no answer . When variants are listed , everyone expects variant image to appear as main image and who would expect tiny drop down images.
    Why default option is drop image instead of color…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. CRM Tweaks

Can you add an extra set of buttons across the top of the screen...
    You have in the upper right corner, Back | Delete | + Add reply | Save

and save only serves a function for a first outbound message????

Can you move a copy of the Cancel | Submit Response found below the Attach Files in this same area so this creates a complete dashboard of functions.

For me these buttons are off the screen when leaving a reply and I have to Find them lower on a the screen out of sight.

it would also be nice…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please remove the blog post editor

Please remove the blog post editor, this is a downgrade from the previous version, the user cannot link to store products, and the functionality is difficult to use. You have seriously made things difficult with the addition of this feature, which never should have been added. The previous blog software was much better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Route Insurance API

Route Insurance is a customer paid insurance which protects the customers purchase in the case where it is not delivered or damaged.

Due to USPS losing packages we are only offering Priority Shipping to ensure insurance for packages. With Route Insurance we can go back to offering First Class rates which will increase sales and still offer insurance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Expand product rewards into Product Options

Currently rewards can't be assigned to product options, only to the base poroduct. But product options fill the functionality of Parent & Child, whereby different children are different sizes (ie 2 oz, 8 oz, 16 oz) and different prices. Expanding rewards points to the product options would make the module much more usable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. abandoned cart zapier

an abandoned cart trigger for Zapier would be huge!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sort orders by product manufacturers

It would be extremely helpful if you could sort orders that by product manufacturers or that included items from a particular manufacturer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SMTP With OAuth

Integrate a SMTP program with OAuth for services like Gmail/GSuite or Microsoft to handle our store emails.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base