Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help Shift4Shop merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on Shift4Shop. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, Shift4Shop has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

1. Please add WYSIWYG to e-mails

Please add a WYSIWYG to e-mails.
    Editing them is very confusing now.
    One advantage is the ability to see if certain tags are working, such as for images, links, etc., this is especially helpful since each e-mail has a different set of allowable tags and they are not published anywhere, so it comes down to guessing and trial and error.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Open for Voting  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "Continue Shopping Action" = LAST CATEGORY PAGE VISITED

Please add a "Continue Shopping Action" option to go to the LAST CATEGORY PAGE VISITED

Put yourself in the shoes of the user and imagine what this is iike:

1. You are on page 6 of an 8 page category right before adding an item to the cart. 

2. You add the item to cart and are taken to the View Cart Screen

3. From View Cart, you click the "Continue Shopping" button, and land on the first page of the 8 page category instead of page 6 where you were.

4. Now you have to scroll through five pages
    39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add FedEx One Rate to Shipping Methods

FedEx One Rate is a tremendous value for online retailers, lots of companies that we know are moving to it. The rates are low and include free packaging. It's the number one method we want to use for shipping, yet it's not in your system.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Amazon listing, not FBA, exporting items to Amazon sellers account

I see 3dcart has the fulfillment by Amazon option (FBA) but how about an option to just list my inventory on Amazon? When it sells I can ship it from my warehouse. I have about 12K products and don't want to send them all to Amazon to have them fulfill the orders.
    I am currently selling on Amazon but listing the items individually and keeping up with the stock quantities is cumbersome.

Volusion already has this option "Seamlessly sell on Amazon, the world's largest online retailer, and get your products in front of millions of Amazon shoppers right from your…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Inventory Control: Allow Waiting List to be offered along with Backorder

We offer backorders and customers use that a lot. However some customers are hesitant, and also offering a waiting list will greatly increase return customers and sales.
    We use the Waiting List on some specific items, like Seasonal items and it works great, however on the majority, allowing backorders is a must. Unfortunately, now backorder and Waiting List are mutually exclusive.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Inventory Stock counts and 3rd party selling sites

I sell on 3Dcart, eBay and Amazon, yet when I review the inventory page on 3Dcart there is one field: "Stock Level" with nothing under it, the next is "Stock" and it says I have zero when in fact I do, but it's all over at eBay and well there is no eBay or Amazon field. However, when I look at the item in the products page there is a provided count for eBay. Since the fields for Quantity are designed for a count of a trillion items there would be room to fit these additional inventory location if you…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Watermarking

Pretty much everyone except 3dcart offers water marking capability with their shopping cart which helps protects a businesses images from being stolen or taken. We upload the standard image, and a filter is applied over the image with our logo in the corner that makes it appear when a competitor tries to save our image and use it for their self.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sort CRM's by "Last Action Date" not just "Opened Date" to better organize the CRM list.

The Ticket / CRM list should be sorted by the date of last action (reply) not by when the ticket was opened. It makes it more disorganized and you can have old tickets with new replies not on the first page.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Promotions to be announced automatically over Twitter/Facebook/Other social outletts

When a promotion is started have it announced automatically to a Twitter account/Facebook page and other Social outlets. This will announce to our customer base that a promotion is happening and when it ends. If we could also have a "ending soon" notification that goes out in the final hour/hours (Configurable) that would be extremely helpful. Its a "set it and forget it" campaign manger for a promotion. Set it up to start, notify and end while not having to manually do that on the store. Super useful.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. complete endicia integration

The basic endicia integration is a tantalizing start, however it is missing:
    International integration (only canada is currently available)
    How to add insurance?
    How to add Signature Confirmation?
    How to use all of USPS package choices such as Regional Flat Rate A, B, & C boxes/rates?

These questions are also posted in the forums:
    http://forums.3dcart.com/general-configuration-questions/5620-endicia-integration.html
    http://forums.3dcart.com/general-configuration-questions/5616-full-endicia-integration.html

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Email a Packing List to Distributor

My distributor (fulfillment provider) would like to be able to print an email to put in the box as the packing list. I'd like to see an option to enable auto-sending of an email to the Distributor that is a Packing List for each order. It must be suitable for the end customer and show price per item and not cost. (the current distributor fulfillment alert shows cost)

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. USPS Regional Flat Rate options

USPS regional flat rate is frequently a significantly cheaper shipping option compared to regular priority mail flat rate options. Endicia supports regional rates in their software, but those rates are not integrated in 3dcart. Adding this feature would save a tremendous amount of money spent on shipping costs. Paying $8 instead of $16 for the same size and weight package is a lot of wasted of money. Preparing the shipping outside of 3dcart is a lot of wasted time.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. please add a currency converter

please add a currency converter so a user can select their currency and the admin can set the default and currency options. I want to process in default USD, but if someone wants to pay in local currency, you can pull the paypal rate or let us globally select our own rate and it will adjust the site and cart on completing the order. Might be nice to have the field on the dashboard for quick changes and updates.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Preview all edited email templates

When making changes to the email templates for "New", "Shipped" etc emails, I'd like to be able to click a "Preview" button to see the HTML email and make sure the changes are OK. This feature is present on "some" email templates, but there are still many that cannot be previewed.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Integrate with Pirateship.com

Allows for cheapest USPS rates INCLUDING (elusive to small businesses) the option to ship with Priority Mail CUBIC which saves a TON over Standard Endicia rates!!!
    Please integrate now!

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Promotion exclusion list

It would be very nice to have an exclusion list for individual products when creating a promotion. Currently you can only exclude an item by manufacturer, but sometimes it's nice to have a sale where only a few things are not included. Example, something that is already marked down or a specific manufacturers gift card that should not be discounted. This would also work nicely as a tool for free shipping coupons when you need to exclude a few items that would have to ship via freight truck.

Thank you!!

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support Rich Pins on Pinterest

Right now 3dcart generates Open Graph meta tags. The one for price (og:price) includes the currency sign as in "$99.95"

Pinterest Rich Pin validator requires that the price be without the currency symbol as in "99.95"

The addition of a meta tag as follows would allow us to use Rich Pins out of the box. In fact, I still can't get a workaround going because 3dcart tech support won't help me with it.

Needed :

<meta property="og:price:amount" content="99.95">

where the 99.95 comes from the [price] variable (stripped of the currency sign).

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multiple Distributors Feature needs Inventory control for each warehouse. Need to be able to split inventories between warehouses.

I have 2 warehouses. The multiple distributor feature has no inventory for each warehouse. This creates a huge inventory control problem.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Answer CRM Request requires via e-mail strait from notification mail.

In the CRM email I am sent that lets me know the customers question, it would be great if it included the customer's email. This would save me several steps in responding to the queries from potential customers.

Thanks for considering this.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base